Leviton ODC Multi-Technology Ceiling-Mount Vacancy Sensor, 1,000 Sq. Ft.
Turns Lights Off When Room Is Vacant
Lights that are connected to motion sensors sometimes stay on for unnecessarily extended periods of time due to false motion detection. The Leviton ODC Multi-Technology Ceiling-Mount Vacancy Sensor overcomes that challenge with advanced false alarm immunity. Fewer false detections means increased energy savings, making this sensor perfect for enhancing your homes efficiency.
- Lights must be turned ON manually
- Vacant room triggers lights to turn OFF
- Advanced false alarm immunity
- Adjustable time delay: 30s, 5min, 10, 20, 30
- Suitable for new construction or retrofit
Available Detection Ranges (Sq. Ft.): 1,000 or 2,000
The vacancy sensor helps you save energy by making sure your lights always turn OFF when the room is empty. This ceiling-mount sensor requires you to manually turn ON the lights. When the room is left vacant, the sensor triggers your lights to automatically turn off. Lights are never automatically turned on.
Multi-technology motion detectors utilize both PIR and ultrasonic technologies for advanced false alarm immunity. Passive infrared (PIR) motion sensing is the most common form of motion detection technology. The sensor receives infrared (IR) signals to detect distortion of the infrared area and identify movement by a heat source. Ultrasonic (doppler shift) motion sensing, in contrast, works like radar by sending out high-frequency sound waves and detecting how fast those waves bounce back to the sensor.
Multi-technology motion detectors are best suited to enclosed spaces where occupants typically show only low levels of motion (classroom, conference room, etc.). These motion detectors are not well-suited to environments with high air flow levels, such as a warehouse.
The Leviton ODC Multi-Technology Ceiling-Mount Vacancy Sensor features four key automated functions that maximize lighting efficiency:
- Delayed OFF Timer: The sensor will turn lights OFF if no motion is detected after a specified time. Choose a time delay of 30 seconds, or 5, 10, 20, or 30 minutes.
- Auto-Adapting: Using microprocessor-based technology, the sensor continually analyzes occupancy pattern of use and adjusts its time delay and sensitivity accordingly.
- Walk-Through: After only momentary occupancy, the sensor knows not to leave the lights ON for an extended period of time.
- False Detection Timer: Exactly 31 minutes after the lights are turned ON, the sensor scans for motion and shuts lights off, preventing false triggers from HVAC systems.
In the event of a power outage, time delay and other settings are saved. The sensor will return to its last known state when power is restored.
The vacancy sensor is compatible with incandescent lamps, electronic and magnetic ballasts, electronic and magnetic low-voltage transformers, and fans. It features H.I.S. (High Inrush Stability) technology designed to handle high inrush electronic ballast loads. No minimum load is required. The sensors mechanically held 10A latching relay ensures reliable operation for any load type and reduces energy consumption better than electronically held relays.
- Installs into "j" boxes with Leviton screw guides, coasters and terminal blocks
- Front cover snaps on/off for ease of installation
- Mounts to a standard 4" x 4" square or octagon electrical box
Because this line voltage vacancy sensor is self-contained, there is no need for an external power pack or vacancy sensor wiring.
- Vacancy Sensor
- Mid-Range Lens
- 360 Perforated Mask
- Mounting Plate (4" x 4")
- Emergency Label
- Low Voltage Connector
- (2) #6-32 x 1-1/2" Screws
- Half Mask
- Tubing Barrier
Leviton is the smart choice, providing the most comprehensive range of solutions to meet the needs of todays residential, commercial and industrial buildings. Leveraging more than a century of experience, Leviton helps customers create sustainable, intelligent environments through its electrical wiring devices, network and data center connectivity solutions, and lighting energy management systems. From switches and receptacles, to daylight harvesting controls, networking systems, and equipment for charging electric vehicles, Leviton solutions help customers achieve savings in energy, time and cost, all while enhancing safety.
Write a reviewYour Name:
Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: