What This Product Does
TP-LINK JetStream Gigabit L2 Managed Switch TL-SG3216 is equipped with 16 Gigabit RJ45 ports and 2 Combo SFP slots. The switch provides high performance, enterprise-level QoS, useful security strategies and rich layer 2 management features. It is a cost-effective product solution for small- and medium-sized businesses.
The TL-SG3216 provides IP-MAC-Port-VID Binding, Port Security, Storm Control, and DHCP Snooping to defend against broadcast storms, ARP attacks, etc. It also integrates options to prevent typical DoS attacks. In addition, the Access Control Lists (ACL, L2 to L4) feature restricted access to sensitive network resources by denying packets based on source and destination MAC addresses, IP address, TCP/UDP ports and even VLAN ID. Moreover, the switch supports 802.1X authentication, which is used in conjunction with a RADIUS server to verify user identity before accessing the network.
Advanced QoS Features
In order to balance the traffic of voice, video and other kinds of services in one network, the switch applies rich QoS policies. Administrator can designate the priority of the traffic based on a variety of means including IP or MAC address, TCP or UDP port number, and so on to ensure, for example, that voice and video are always clear and smooth. In conjunction with the Voice VLAN, the switch can guarantee a satisfactory performance of voice applications.
Abundant Layer 2 Features
The TL-SG3216 supports a complete portfolio of layer 2 features, including 802.1Q tag VLAN, Port Isolation, Port Mirroring, STP/RSTP/MSTP, Link Aggregation Control Protocol, and 802.3x Flow Control function. Furthermore, the switch provides advanced features for network maintenance such as Loop Back Detection, Cable Diagnostics and IGMP Snooping. IGMP Snooping enables the switch to intelligently forward the multicast stream only to the appropriate subscribers, and IGMP Throttling and Filtering restricts each subscriber on a port level to prevent unauthorized multicast access.
Enterprise Level Management Features
TL-SG3216 is easy to use and manage. It supports various user-friendly standard management methods such as intuitive web-based Graphical User Interface (GUI) and industry-standard Command Line Interface (CLI). SNMP (v1/2/3) and RMON enables the switch to be polled for valuable status information and sends traps on abnormal events. The switch can also to be managed by the commander switch through IP clustering function.
- Interface: 16 10/100/1000Mbps RJ45 Ports, 2 Combo 100/1000Mbps SFP Slots
- Fan Quantity: Fanless
- Dimensions (W X D X H): 17.3 x 8.7 x 1.7 in (440 x 220 x 44 mm)
- Power Supply: Internal Universal Power Supply, AC 100-240V~50/60Hz input
- Support 100-240V power supply
L2 Switching Features
- Link Aggregation
- Support 802.3ad LACP
- Support static link aggregation
- Up to 8 aggregation groups containing 8 ports per group
- Spanning Tree Protocol
- 802.1D Spanning Tree Protocol
- 802.1W Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol
- 802.1S Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol
- STP Security: Loop back detection, TC Protect, BPDU Filter/Protect, Root Protect
- Support IGMP Snooping V1/V2/V3, up to 256 groups
- Support Multicast VLANs, IGMP Immediate Leave, Unknown IGMP Throttling, IGMP Filtering, Static Multicast IP
- Support up to 4000 802.1Q VLANs
- Support 4000 VIDs
- Support Port VLAN, Protocol VLAN and MAC-based VLAN, Port Isolation
- Support GARP/GVRP
- Support management VLAN conguration
- MIB II (RFC1213)
- Interface MIB (RFC2233)
- Ethernet Interface MIB (RFC1643)
- Bridge MIB (RFC1493)
- P/Q-Bridge MIB (RFC2674)
- RMON MIB (RFC2819)
- RMON2 MIB (RFC2021)
- Radius Accounting Client MIB (RFC2620)
- Radius Authentication Client MIB (RFC2618)
- Remote Ping, Traceroute MIB (RFC2925)
- Support TP-LINK private MIBs
Quality of Service
- Support 802.1p CoS/DSCP priority
- Support 4 priority queues
- Queue scheduling: SP, WRR, SP+WRR
- Port/Flow- based Rate Limiting
- Support Voice VLAN for voice related applications
Advanced Security Strategies
- IP-MAC-Port-VID Binding
- Static/Dynamic Port Security (MAC-based)
- DoS defense
- Dynamic ARP Inspection
- 802.1x authentication
- Support 802.1x port/MAC based authentication
- Support Radius authentication and accountability Guest VLAN
- Access Control List (ACL)
- L2~L4 package ltering based on source and destination MAC address, IP address, TCP/UDP ports, 802.1p, DSCP, protocol and VLAN ID
- Time based AC
- Support Broadcast, Multicast and Unknown unicast Storm Control
- Secure web management through HTTPS and SSLv2/v3/TLSv1
- Secure remote command line interface (CLI) management with SSH v1/V2
- Support Web-based GUI management mode
- Support Command Line Interface (CLI) through telnet management mode
- SNMP v1/v2c/v3
- RMON (1, 2, 3, 9 groups)
- DHCP/BOOTP Client
- DHCP Snooping
- DHCP Option 82
- CPU Monitoring
- Port Mirroring (Many to One)
- Cable Diagnostics feature
- Ping/Tracert feature
- Integrated NDP/NTDP
- System Log
- Switch TL-SG3216
- Power Cord
- Ethernet Cable
- Rackmount Kit
- Rubber Feet
- Quick Installation Guide
- Resource CD
Compatible TP-LINK SFP Modules
TL-SM311LS. Gigabit SFP module, Single-mode, LC interface, Up to 10km distance.
TL-SM311LM. Gigabit SFP module, Multi-mode, LC interface, Up to 550m distance.
TL-SM321A. Gigabit WDM Bi-Directional SFP Module, single-mode, LC connector, TX:1550nm/RX:1310nm, 10km.
TL-SM321B. Gigabit WDM Bi-Directional SFP Module, single-mode, LC connector, TX:1310nm/RX:1550nm, 10km.
TP-LINK JetStream L2 Managed Switch Series
|Which Switch is Right for Me?||TL-SG3210||TL-SG3216||TL-SG3424||TL-SG3424P|
|Product Name||JetStream 8-Port Gigabit L2 Managed Switch with 2 SFP Slots||JetStream 16-Port Gigabit L2 Managed Switch with 2 Combo SFP Slots||JetStream 24-Port Gigabit L2 Managed Switch with 4 Combo SFP Slots||JetStream 24-Port Gigabit L2 Managed PoE Switch with 4 Combo SFP Slots|
|Ethernet Port Number||8||16||24||24|
|SFP Slot Number||2||0||0||0|
|Combo SFP Slot Number||0||2||4||4|
|Maximum Packet Forward Rate||14.9Mbps||23.8Mbps||35.7Mbps||35.7Mbps|
|MAC Address Table||8K||8K||8K||8K|
|Static MAC Entries||128 Entries||128 Entries||128 Entries||128 Entries|
|PoE Port Number||0||0||0||24|
|PoE Power Budget||-||-||-||320W|
|Maximum PoE Power Per Port||-||-||-||30W|
- IP-MAC-Port-VID Binding, ACL, Port Security, DoS Defend, Storm control, DHCP Snooping, 802.1X Authentication and Radius provide you robust security strategies
- L2/L3/L4 QoS and IGMP snooping optimize voice and video application
- WEB/CLI managed modes, SNMP, RMON bring abundant management features
- TP-LINK JetStreamTM gigabit L2 Lite managed switch TL-SG3216 provides 16 10/100/1000Mbps ports. The switch provides high performance, enterprise-level QoS, advanced security strategies and rich layer 2 management features.
- Moreover, the switch also comes equipped with 2 combo SFP slots, expanding your network flexibly. This JetStreamTM gigabit L2 managed switch is cost-effective for the ideal small and medium business solution.
- TL-SG3216 have robust security and management features. The IP-MAC-Port-VID Binding and access control List (ACL) functions protect against broadcast storm, ARP and Denial-of- Service(DoS) attacks, etc.
- Quality of Service (QoS, L2 to L4) provides enhanced traffic management capabilities to move your data smoother and faster.
- Anymore, the easy-to-use web management interfaces, along with CLI, SNMP and RMON, mean faster setup and configuration with less downtime.
- For workgroup and departments requiring cost-sensitive Layer 2 Switch and gigabit capability, TP-LINK JetStreamTM L2 managed SwitchTL-SG3216 provides you the ideal access-edge solution.
Write a reviewYour Name:
Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: